- There is no need to dress up, fuss over perfection, or do anything other than be yourself!
- We do not want you to over-prepare nor do we want you to get nervous and not be yourself, that’s why we’re sharing the questions upfront with you. We are not expecting rehearsed responses, but do gather your thoughts beforehand. The value we get is to virtually meet you and get a sense of your personality, thinking, and potential beyond your paper application. Feel free to answer off the cuff, or write your responses in advance. You do you.
- Scouted wants to get to know you – who you really are – and how you think. We care a lot less about what you have done and a whole lot more about why you did those things. Read more from our Founder on the value of the interview here.
- Your Virtual Interview is not public or searchable on the web. It is only available to Scouted and the select partner companies you apply to.
- We’ll do a quick system check to make sure your device is set up properly. You’ll need a computer or phone with a functioning webcam and microphone. You’ll be prompted to do a 5-second webcam and audio test – no one will see this video.
- Additionally, you’ll have the option to practice what it’s like to interview virtually using sample questions similar to our official questions seen below. These practice responses are also not seen by us or our partner companies.
- Once you click ‘Begin interview’, you will be asked 1 question at a time and will be given prep time to gather your thoughts for each. After you click ‘Start Recording,’ you’ll have 1.5 minutes for that response. You will have an option to retake the question 2 times before selecting the response you’d like to submit. You will not be able to go back and review the question once submitted.
- It should only take ~10 minutes to complete and can be done on your own time, but be sure to complete it in one sitting.
- Once you’re finished, you’re all set to apply to any of our jobs! Your interview becomes a part of your Scouted profile and can be found on your Profile page.
|1. You have a free weekend, with no prior commitments. How would you spend it? You are (shockingly) well-rested, but otherwise your regular, awesome self. Tell me the top 5 ways you would spend/waste your time. |
2. Tell me about the first or most impactful major decision you made on your own and why you made it. We care a lot less about the decision itself and much more about the thought process that went into it.
3. What is the hardest thing you’ve encountered/accomplished and how did you overcome it?
4. We are borrowing a question from the book Zero to One, what do you know to be true that few others agree upon?
5. Our goal is to get to know you – what is the one question you think we should have asked you and didn’t? Please answer it.